Originally there was a tin church on Haworth Road
It had been brought to the area after being used for the workmen digging reservoirs in North Yorkshire – here is a video about where it was. Along with the story.
In 1955 a church was built beside the “Tin Tabernacle” and for some time it was used for youth events while the Church was used for services
Building the New Church
Original location of the Tin Tabernacle at Scarhouse Reservoir
All finished – some more was added onto the west end in 1970s including a hall and welcome area
The view from Heights land before the Church was built.
More images from days gone by!